Joni’s Creamy Deviled Egg Salad
· 1 head of cauliflower
· ¼ tsp onion powder
· 3 hard boiled eggs – peeled and yolks/whites separated
· 2 heaping tbsp chopped dill pickle (about one large spear)
· ½ cup light mayonnaise
· ½ cup plain yogurt (Greek if you have it)
· 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
· 1 heaping tablespoon real bacon bits
Clean and cut up the cauliflower and steam the florets (or microwave) until fork tender. Add salt, pepper and onion powder and toss. Set aside.
In another bowl mix the pickle, mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard and egg yolks until creamy. Chop the egg whites and add those with the cauliflower. Toss to coat and finally stir in the bacon bits. Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.
Copyright New Weigh 2011