Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Crock Pot Chicken

I'm not sure what to call this. After the "Great Chicken Massacre", I have a freezer full of chicken. When we decided to grow our own this year, I didn't realize my preggo belly wouln't want chicken. But, I decided to try some cooked to death in the crock pot. This came out tender and moist and I'm looking forward to it tomorrow as a chicken salad.



Joni's Sweet Crock Chicken

One whole chicken cut up (mine was skinless)

1/4 cup of Bulliard's Louisianna Steak Marinade (I get mine at our local Dollar General Store, but I'm sure any soy-based marinade would work)

2 tbl sugar free pancake syrup

1 tsp fresh ground ginger (try powder if that's all you have)


Place chicken in crock and mix the marinade ingredients. Pour over chicken and cook on low all day.


After it was done, I removed the chicken and took it off the bones. If you had skin on yours, remove it now too. Then remove fat from the juice and return juice to crock. Mix 2 tsp corn starch with enough cold water to disolve it. Put this in crock and mix well. Add back in chicken and turn to high. Sauce will thicken a bit.


Hope you like it. This was a thumbs up from everybody. (Including the preggo belly)

No comments: