Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Zucchini Pizza Bake

So, I had envisioned in my head how this would turn out and it was NOTHING like my vision. BUT it was good and it IS healthy, so I'll post it. I was thinking I would get more of a "crust" on the bottom, but even with squeezing and draining the shredded zucchini, the bottom was still pretty mushy. Not a bad mushy, just mushy. (LOL... makes no sense, but it was good)

2 cups shredded, squeezed and drained zucchini

2 eggs

1/4 cup Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp oregeno or Italian Seasoning

1/2 cup shredded parmesan

Mix all these ingredients and place in bottom of 9 x 12 pan and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes until browned.
While 'crust' is baking, make the topping.
4 Morning Star sausage patties (or whatever sausage you want or ground beef)
1/2 green pepper chopped
3/4 jar your favorite spaghetti sauce
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
mushrooms for topping
In a skillet with a little water cook until softened pepper and sausage. Add sauce and simmer, breaking up the sausage.
Pour this over the crust when it's done and top with cheese and mushrooms. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until bubble and cheese is browned and melted.

Let this sit for a bit before serving, it will set up nicely.

Like I said, this is tasty, just not what I envisioned. BUT it did use up a nice chunk of zucchini and that was my main goal! LOL

No comments: