Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cauliflower Rice

I had a question on how to make the cauliflower rice. I'll tell you how I do it. I'm sure there are fancier methods using "ricers" and such, but I don't own one and this is easy enough I don't need to buy one.

First, start with a fresh head of cauliflower. (Frozen would not work, though you could make some yummy mashed cauliflower with frozen...)
Next clean it up and chop into sizes that will fit into your food processor. (Not a mini processor, that would NOT work). I use the stem and the florets.
Then put the shredding blade on your food processor. Just start shredding up all that yummy stuff.
When you're done, heat some oil in a pan with high sides - either a large skillet or soup pot. Lower the heat to a medium and add the cauliflower, gently cooking and stirring until it's tender (doesn't take very long - maybe 5 or 10 minutes) You don't want it to brown, just get tender.
Now you can use right away or refrigerate or freeze for later on.

Easy peasy!!

1 comment:

Yvette said...

I keep thinking I'm going to try this. Maybe this weekend! I do have a mini ricer, so might try both methods.