Monday, March 29, 2010

Pumpkin Breakfast Cookie.

Boy, I've had a lot of fun with the breakfast cookies! So easy and quick to make. I made a version using pumpkin and some diced apple. I'm sure raisins would work. (Though I'm not a big fan of the little wrinkly guys- I mean if you're going to let a grape rot, you might as well turn it into wine...)
Let me know what variations you come up with!

Pumpkin/Apple Breakfast Cookie

¾ cup plain pumpkin
1 egg
(Mix and set aside)

½ cup Splenda
½ cup unsweetened coconut
½ cup ground flax seed
½ cup protein powder (choc or vanilla)
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
1 small apple – peeled and diced

Mix dry and add to wet ingredients. Pile on a well greased cookie sheet, parchment paper or silicone sheet. These retain the shape you put them in and don't really rise. So keep them spread out in a cookie shape. Then bake at 350 for 20 minutes. These don't “bake” as much as they “set up”. So when the cookie is firm to touch in the middle, they are done. This makes 9 cookies. I don't have the stats on them. They are probably similar to my other breakfast cookie.
Let cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. (There is no sugar to preserve them). I also have a request to make these without the coconut. I'll try and let you know.

1 comment:

Kiersti Esparza said...

I love these cookies! They have become a staple for me! Thank you!