Monday, October 5, 2009

Donuts - again!

Okay, so I've been making these mini donuts like a crazed woman. Hubby has been eating them, so at least they aren't all on my butt and thighs. I have been trying to get some coconut flour in them as almond flour is so expensive. Coconut flour is much cheaper. If you've every tried to bake with coconut flour, you know it is a moisture sucking fiend. (I think you could use it instead of silica gel in those little packets to keep stuff from getting moisture in it).

So, after several misses - I finally hit the mark. I just couldn't get an acceptable result with NO almond flour, but was able to cut it in half.

Joni's Coconut Flour Cake Donuts
1/4 cup coconut flour1
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup ground flax meal
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
1/4 cup applesauce
2 T melted butter (I use Smart Balance margarine)
2 T milk
2 T Sugar Free Syrup (I used vanilla Torani)
Mix dry, mix wet and combine. Drop into mini donut pan filling almost to top. Bake 350 (NOT 325 like previous donut recipe) for 10 minutes

No comments: