Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Asparagus Frittata


I figured it was time to start using egg recipes. We have a hen who's giving us about one egg a day and we have THIRTY who will start laying in the spring...


Here's a quick throw-together and my first ever frittata. Thumbs up from family.

1 small onion chopped
2 tbl canola oil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp pepper
8 eggs (If using large eggs, six would do fine - mine are teeny)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
Asparagus (I had frozen pencil thin asparagus that I thawed. I used enough to spread evenly around the skillet)

Preheat broiler

Place canola oil in a oven safe skillet and brown onions. I actually cooked mine until carmelized and the kitchen smelled awesome. I also wanted to lick the skillet, cuz I LOVE carmelized onions! Let the hot onions cool a bit in the skillet. Mix the eggs, spice and cheese in a separate bowl and add back in the onions. Pour everything back into the skillet and place on a low heat and cover. Cook until the whole frittata is set. Place the skillet in the oven and brown the top. (This took about 5 minutes) Remove from oven, let cool slightly and serve.


No comments: