Friday, September 18, 2009

Blueberry Donuts

In a former life, the blueberry cake donuts always called my name. I made some simple changes to the pumpkin donuts to come up with a really tasty treat. One again a thanks to Shelly at The World According to Eggface for the original recipe I tweaked.



Bluberry Mini Donuts

1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup Splenda
1 egg
1/4 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 T milk (I use skim)
2 T melted butter (I use Smart Balance Margarine)
1/4 cup frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a mini-donut pan with nonstick spray.

Mix dry and in separate bowl mix wet ingredients, then combine. Take the FROZEN (dont use fresh) blueberries and chop up with a small food processor or hand chopper. (I have the pampered chef one). Add to the batter and slowly combine until JUST mixed. If you mix too much you'll have purple donuts. Add batter to the wells in the donut pan until about 2/3 full. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then flip out and cool on a baking rack. I sprinkled mine with powdered erithrytol.

So good and filling.

No comments: