Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ricotta Custard - No bake


I can't say I'm back to cooking up a storm, but I did come up with this little easy treat. You only have to get your blender dirty!


No Bake Ricotta Custard


2 cups ricotta cheese (cottage cheese would work, I suppose)

1/2 cup Almond Breeze (or any kind of milk is fine)

1 package Jello (I used black cherry - YUM)

1/4 cup of pasturized egg (like Egg Beaters) OR you can use a whole egg, but this is NOT cooked.

** dont skip the egg or egg beaters, you need this for the creamy, custard texture**


Heat the milk in the microwave until almost boiled (1 min 30 secs for me). Put milk in blender and add the jello. Mix on low until jello disolved. Add the ricotta and egg beater. Blend on low until well mixed and creamy smooth.

Chill for 2 hours or over night.


I want to try some cocoa powder with the black cherry jello to make a black forest custard! YUM!

No comments: