Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Protein and Zucchini??


Yep, I'm going there. I made some protein bars and used up some zucchini. I took these little darlin's on vacation with me and they made a great breakfast every morning.


~Zucchini Bread Protein Bars~


1/2 cup of each of the following:
*Oats blended to a "flour" (used my blender and some Quaker Oats)
*Ground Almonds (Almond flour/Almond meal are the same thing)
*Ground Golden flax (use the golden if you have it - they'll look nicer and it has a milder taste)
3 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup soy flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar free vanilla syrup like Torani or Davinci
1/2 cup sugar free pancake syrup (I used cheap WalMart brand)
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 tsp vanilla
Directions:
Mix dry ingredients and set aside. In separate bowl, beat egg with remainder of ingredients. Add wet to dry and mix. This looks like a big sticky blob. It is not nice smooth cake batter.

Spray a 8x8 cake pan VERY well with Pam. (You can also use parchment paper). Add the dough to the pan and smooth it out. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Bake until the sides just start to brown. Dont overbake.

Cool on baking rack and cut into 9 squares. I store them in a big ziploc in the fridge after they are completely cooled. I think they stay more moist this way.

I did not have to use oil w/ this recipe. These bars were VERY moist.

No comments: