Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Zucchini and Squash out the Ying Yang!


What is a ying yang? 0.O
Anyway, I have some gorgeous early summer squash and zucchini my wonderful uncle gave to me out of his garden. This is a recipe I developed last summer and my kids LURV it! If you can get your children (either of the juvenile or adult nature) to try it, I promise they will come back for seconds! This is easily baking in your oven while you grill. I love using my countertop convection oven so it doesnt heat up the kitchen.

This recipe is stored with a lot of my others at http://www.sparkrecipes.com/ . I enter most my recipes here to get the nutritional information.

Have a super day!


Baked Zucchini Parmesan Crisps

Nutritional Info
Fat: 1.5g
Carbohydrates: 6.5g
Calories: 49.4
Protein: 2.5g


Ingredients
20 zucchini slices (This was about 3/4 of a very large zucchini)
1/3 cup liquid egg substitute (or one whole egg and one egg white)
2 Tbs Miracle Whip Light
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (I'm not usually a food snob, but please dont use the canned stuff, it won't melt up and get nice and cheesy like fresh)
1 cup Panko Bread crumbs (much better than regular bread crumbs... trust me on this)
1.5 tsp seasoning salt
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a large cooking sheet with nonstick sprayMix the egg substitute and the the miracle whip until creamy. Add a tsp or so of water to thin it out a bit. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Dip zucchini in egg mixture, then into the crumb mixture, place on cookie sheet until all gone. Bake about 8 minutes (until brown on bottom), flip and bake another 5 minutes or so.These are very savory and cheesy. We love them!
Number of Servings: 15

No comments: